Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gold Beets Workshop/Package Design

In Illustrating the Edible this week,  Rebecca brought 20 different vegetables into class, which we randomly chose from. I selected a Gold beet, which when cut open has a gorgeous yellow interior. We spent the day analyzing and drawing the vegetables for a seed packet design. Below is the final seed package design that was choose from three designs that I had to send to New York illustrator Diane Bigda. (Diane's Work). Of the three designs, she licked the color and layout of this the best. I originally planned on using hand type, which I experimented with below, but ultimately decided to use Gotham for a more structured look. I think the mix between the organic imagery and boldness of the font works out for the best. Let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment